Clinical Acne Treatment
If you are suffering from acne, then it’s time for real answers. The dermatologist keeps giving you prescriptions that don’t work? Tried Proactiv and still breaking out? Considered going on Accutane, but think it’s too risky? Want clear skin? Products alone will not solve your problem. You also need an acne specialist’s expert guidance.
Citrus Skin Studio has a clear skin system that will have your acne under control in approximately 6 to 12 weeks. We combine the power of pharmaceutical grade home-care products that are customized for your type of acne and skin with an in-office acne treatment series that facilitates clear skin and gets rid of pimples and blemishes.
Using professional-strength exfoliants that need to be applied by a professional, your skin is treated to facilitate your process of clearing. The reason for treatments are six-fold:
- To monitor your progress and make changes to your home-care as needed.
- To exfoliate the skin so that home-care products can penetrate the pore more easily.
- To lighten dark spots (if you have them) that are caused by acne lesions.
- To hydrate the skin so that the skin is receptive to your home-care regimen.
- To extract existing acne impactions.
- To kill acne bacteria inside the pore.
Professional Acne Treatments by Citrus Skin Care will help you to get rid of acne and clear your skin more quickly than with just products alone. We also want to closely monitor your skin making sure that we are “pushing’ your skin to clear but not so much that your skin gets irritated. We are your partners in this process, working together so you can have clear skin as quickly as possible.
Each acne treatment has a specific focus for what the skin needs at the time of treatment. Sometimes the skin will need more hydration, other times it will need more anti-bacterial and/or anti-inflammatory action. I will analyze your skin at the beginning of every treatment to assess which treatment would serve you best. Treatments are performed every two weeks until your skin clears. Usually that takes anywhere from 6 to 12 weeks.
It typically takes about six treatments over a three-month period of time to get you mostly to completely clear; significant results will be seen within six weeks. After your acne is under control, you have to maintain your home-care regimen to keep your acne managed. It is also recommended to come in for a tune up acne treatment every few months just to keep your skin as healthy as possible.
Acne Consultation and Treatment
Your initial appointment includes a full consultation and a treatment. Initial appointments generally take around 1.5 hours to complete.
- You will be consulted regarding your experience and your prior treatments
- Your skin type and acne type will be professionally analyzed
- You will be provided with a packet of useful information regarding products, diet, and lifestyle changes.
- You will have some preliminary pictures taken for your records
- Your skin will be tested for sensitivities.
- Home care product recommendations will be made and you will be shown exactly how to use the products
- You will receive a professional acne treatment which includes exfoliation and extractions.
The cost for the consultation and treatment is $75. Expect to pay about $150 for your first set of acne home care products at your first appointment.
Following your first appointment, you will be scheduled for a regular series of treatments. Each subsequent treatment will be adjusted for your needs, as your acne begins to clear. Treatments take 1 hour of time and cost $75. Additionally, modifications will be made to your home care regimen as needed. These adjustments insure that that products continue to work and are beneficial to your condition.