Rosacea is a chronic but treatable condition that primarily affects the central face, and is often characterized by flare-ups and remissions. It typically begins any time after age 30 and the rosacea symptoms are a flushing or redness on the cheeks, nose, chin or forehead that may come and go. Over time, the redness tends to become ruddier and more persistent, and visible blood vessels may appear. Left untreated, bumps and pimples often develop, and in severe cases – particularly in men – the nose may grow swollen and bumpy from excess tissue. In many people the eyes are also affected, feeling irritated and appearing watery or bloodshot.
Rosacea can affect all segments of the population, individuals with fair skin who tend to flush or blush easily are believed to be at greatest risk. The disorder is more frequently diagnosed in women, but tends to be more severe in men. There is also evidence that rosacea may tend to run in families, and may be especially prevalent in people of Northern or Eastern European descent.
No one knows what causes it, but there are some interesting theories:
- Helicobacter Pylori, the bacteria that is responsible for stomach ulcers, is seen on the skin with those persons with rosacea rather than P. acnes bacteria, which is responsible for acne breakouts. Although, acne like pustules may be present with rosacea.
- In some cases of rosacea, there is a proliferation of dermodex mites. They implant themselves into the wall of the hair follicle and make the skin swollen and red.
- The latest research states that it is the bacteria from the dermodex mites that cause the problem. Read the research article.
The Rosacea Rx Treatment Program
The key to managing your rosacea is a combination of in-office treatments and quality home care products that are specifically designed to treat the condition.
The Rosacea Rx Treatment from Circadia is an advanced treatment for rosacea. The lightening and vaso-constricting capabilities give instant results for rosacea. The procedure is quick, easy and pleasant. The end result is clear and luminous skin with a feeling of firmness. The Rosacea Rx Treatment:
- Provides germicidal action to the skin.
- A skin lightening agent, improves scars and lightens sun damage.
- Increases skin function.
- Decreases erythema.
- Stimulates fibroblasts.
Citrus Skin Studio offers a treatment package to help get your Rosacea under control. Included in the package is four of our Rosacea Rx Treatments, and your entire home care regimen: Vitamin Veil Cleanser, Aloe & Calendula Calming Mist, Chrono-Calm Serum, Tranquili Cream, Light Day Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 37 and Rose-Ease Relief Cream. Treatments are performed on a monthly basis for four months. The home care products last 4-6 months on average. The cost for the package is only $755.00.
To schedule your appointment or for more information, click here.